We hope you are keeping safe & well. It has been over two months since our closure and after recent announcements from the government, we are working towards a re-opening date of Saturday 4th July.
During our period of closure, we have spent much time carefully planning our return to work, creating strict safety measures to ensure the safest environments for both our clients and the team.
We want to share with you our plans, to give you the assurance that we are doing everything possible in terms of PPE to safeguard your health & safety.
- We are still waiting for the official government guidelines at which point we will make sure that we follow every measure to ensure your safety and well-being whilst in the salon.
- We have already sourced the relevant PPE so we can be as prepared as possible for when the government guidelines are released.
- Each salon team will be working extended hours in two separate groups to avoid high numbers of people within the salon.
Making Your Appointment
- We will be prioritising all existing clients to be booked in before any new clients are accepted into the salons.
- Two dedicated phone lines will be running in each of the 4 salons one week prior to opening to accommodate the demand for appointments.
- All standing appointments for cut & colour services will be honoured but may be subject to slight changes based on the new time allowed for your appointment.
- We kindly request all clients phone ahead and pre-book their appointment in advance.
- Appointments cannot be made whilst passing by the salon. If you don’t have a pre-booked appointment you should not enter the salon.
Arriving For Your Appointment
- Signage will be placed in the window or door that states ‘PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE SALON IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE PERSON NEAR THE RECEPTION DESK’.
- Our waiting areas will not be in use as we need to reduce the number of people in the salon and practice social distancing. Clients will be required to wait outside of the salon.
- It is advisable to call the salon when you arrive whilst still in your car to check if your stylist is ready for you.
- Front of house will inform you of the wait if any and call you back to let you know when you can enter the salon for your appointment.
- Clients must arrive alone and can no longer bring their children, partner or friends with them.
- You should arrive without a coat or jacket when possible, if unavoidable due to weather conditions you will be asked to hold on to your own belongings as we will not be providing a hanging service.
- Due to operating strict appointment times, we please ask you to keep to your appointment time. Any late arrivals exceeding 15 minutes may not be seen and asked to book an alternative appointment.
Changes To Your Visit
- For the first 4 weeks of business we will be offering express blow-dry’s only. This decision has been made for the following reasons;
- — The time saved will allow the team to efficiently sanitise and prepare each workstation for the next client ensuring the highest levels of hygiene.
- — This way of working will allow us to accommodate more clients within our working day allowing us to see additional clients during the first very busy weeks.
- A maximum appointment time of 1 hour 30 minutes will be in place for any service whilst in the salon.
- A reduced menu of hair services will be in place to remove any service that exceeds the 1 hour 30 minute time frame.
- In-salon hair treatments will be restricted to express services.
- We will be operating a card payment only system (no cash).
- Refreshments will not be served, and the removal of magazines will be implemented as part of our health & safety measures, both of which can be brought with you for personal use and consumption.
- Disposable gowns, towels and face masks will be provided to ensure the highest hygiene standards.
Making Your Next Appointment
- Rebooking your next appointment is more essential than ever. We cannot guarantee a future appointment for any client unless they have rebooked in advance.
- Our online booking system accessed through the HOOKER & YOUNG website will go live on Monday 6th July.
- Future appointments can not be made when departing the salon to ensure a quick departure time.
- Speak to your stylist who will advise you to rebook within a realistic time frame, ensuring your hair is always looking good.
After what has been a truly challenging time for everyone and a long time without any hair appointments, we ask you to bear with us and help bring things back to normal.
Understandably, many people will need two appointments to get back to where we were with your hair, but we will do our very best in your first appointment to get you looking great again.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and we are counting down the days until we can see you all again. The entire team at HOOKER & YOUNG have missed all of our clients immensely and we can’t wait to make you all look and feel amazing again.
For now, please continue to STAY SAFE, KEEP WELL and we will see you very soon.
Gary & Michael
7 British Hairdresser Of The Year nominations
Made In England
In the North East of England, Gary Hooker and Michael Young are both the brains and beauty behind the luxurious hairdressing brand Hooker & Young. Dedicated to the industry, 2018 sees them celebrate their 22nd year in business together.
- Gary & Michael have lead their team to win numerous awards for both creativity and business excellence over the past 25 years.
- Hooker & Young pride themselves on only working with the very best hairdressing brands including Kérastase, Oribe & Schwarzkopf Professional.
- The Hooker & Young Art Team regularly travel the globe showcasing British Hairdressing in their own inimitable style.
- Gary & Michael have achieved global recognition for their beautiful collections and inspirational stage shows making them true ambassadors for British Hairdressing.
Hair by Hooker & Young
Galleries from Hooker & Young
Tailored packages to suit your exact requirements.
YOUR SPECIAL DAY
Bespoke Wedding Packages
Some reviews from clients
What They Say
I was so nervous about changing everything about my hair but the Hooker & Young team were so welcoming and professional that I found it a most relaxing experience in their beautiful luxurious salon. I love my new hair too!!
Lucie Anderson ,Customer, Jesmond
I left the salon feeling like a million dollars and have already booked my next appointment to return. There's nothing like the feeling of an amazing hair cut and I'm so pleased to have discovered Hooker & Young in Wynyard. I would recommend them to anyone!
Laura Clark ,Customer, Wynyard
I went to the salon for a birthday treat and I was looked after so well with flowing glasses of Prosecco and a haircut to die for! What an amazing day that I will never forget.