Road Map out of lockdown
Following the recent government announcement, we are delighted to finally have a re-opening date of Monday 12th April.
During this period of closure, we have spent much time carefully planning our return to work – continuing to create the strictest safety measures for both our clients and team.
Although the vaccination programme is well underway, we want to give you the continued assurance that we are still doing everything possible in terms of PPE to safeguard your health & safety.
- We will continue to follow the official government guidelines in ensuring your safety and well-being whilst in the salon until which time when restrictions can be relaxed.
- We will continue to use the relevant in-salon PPE to ensure the best protection for both our team and clients.
- Salon teams will be working additional hours to accommodate as many bookings as possible upon our return.
Making Your Appointment
- We will prioritise all existing clients to be booked in before any new clients are accepted into the salons.
- Two dedicated phonelines will open in each of the 4 salons on Monday 29th March – two weeks prior to opening to accommodate the demand for appointments.
- All standing appointments for cut & colour services will be honoured but may be subject to slight change based around new working hours.
- We kindly request all clients phone ahead and pre-book their appointment in advance.
- If you don’t have a pre-booked appointment you should not enter the salon.
- Our online booking system accessed through the HOOKER & YOUNG website will not be accessible until Monday 12th April.
- Bookings cannot made through the HOOKER & YOUNG Facebook pages.
Arriving for your appointment
- Signage will be placed in the window or door that states ‘PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE SALON IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE PERSON NEAR THE RECEPTION DESK’.
- Our waiting areas will not be in use as we need to reduce the number of people in the salon and practice social distancing. Clients will be required to wait outside of the salon.
- Clients must arrive alone and can no longer bring their children, partner or friends with them.
- You should arrive without a coat or jacket when possible, if unavoidable due to weather conditions you will be asked to hold on to your own belongings as we will not be providing a hanging service.
- Due to operating strict appointment times, we please ask you to keep to your appointment time. Any late arrivals exceeding 15 minutes may not be seen and asked to book an alternative appointment.
Changes to your visit
- Hand sanitiser, disposable gowns, towels and face masks will be provided to ensure the highest hygiene standards.
Making your next appointment
- Rebooking your next appointment is more essential than ever. We cannot guarantee a future appointment for any client unless they have rebooked in advance.
- Our online booking system accessed through the HOOKER & YOUNG website will go live on Monday 12th April.
After what has been a truly challenging time for everyone and a long time without any hair appointments, we ask you to bear with us in helping bring things back to normal.
Understandably many people will need two appointments to get back to where we were with your hair, but we will do our very best in your first appointment to get you looking great again.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and we are counting down the days until we can see you all again. The entire team at HOOKER & YOUNG have missed all of our clients immensely and we can’t wait to make you all look and feel amazing again.
For now, please continue to STAY SAFE, KEEP WELL and we will see you very soon.
Gary & Michael
7 British Hairdresser Of The Year nominations
Made In England
In the North East of England, Gary Hooker and Michael Young are both the brains and beauty behind the luxurious hairdressing brand Hooker & Young. Dedicated to the industry, 2018 sees them celebrate their 22nd year in business together.
- Gary & Michael have lead their team to win numerous awards for both creativity and business excellence over the past 25 years.
- Hooker & Young pride themselves on only working with the very best hairdressing brands including Kérastase, Oribe & Schwarzkopf Professional.
- The Hooker & Young Art Team regularly travel the globe showcasing British Hairdressing in their own inimitable style.
- Gary & Michael have achieved global recognition for their beautiful collections and inspirational stage shows making them true ambassadors for British Hairdressing.
Hair by Hooker & Young
Galleries from Hooker & Young
Tailored packages to suit your exact requirements.
YOUR SPECIAL DAY
Bespoke Wedding Packages
Some reviews from clients
What They Say
I was so nervous about changing everything about my hair but the Hooker & Young team were so welcoming and professional that I found it a most relaxing experience in their beautiful luxurious salon. I love my new hair too!!
Lucie Anderson ,Customer, Jesmond
I left the salon feeling like a million dollars and have already booked my next appointment to return. There's nothing like the feeling of an amazing hair cut and I'm so pleased to have discovered Hooker & Young in Wynyard. I would recommend them to anyone!
Laura Clark ,Customer, Wynyard
I went to the salon for a birthday treat and I was looked after so well with flowing glasses of Prosecco and a haircut to die for! What an amazing day that I will never forget.